Immobilization is unhealthy for joints. Conversely, continuous motion promotes healing and regeneration of joint cartilage. CPM machines slowly bend your knee for several hours, resulting in less pain, pain medication, stiffness, and better sleep.
• ACCELERATE RETURN TO FUNCTIONACCELERATE RETURN TO FUNCTION
• REDUCE PAIN & STIFFNESSREDUCE PAIN & STIFFNESS
• IMPROVE RANGE OF MOTIONIMPROVE RANGE OF MOTION
• SHIFT LIMITED PHYSICAL THERAPY SHIFT LIMITED PHYSICAL THERAPY VISITS TO LATER IN YOUR RECOVERY
HOW TO USE
1: PLACE YOUR LEG INTO THE DEVICE, YOUR FOOT SHOULD ALWAYS TOUCH THE FOOTPLATE
Place the strap right above the knee on the lower thigh to help keep the leg in place.
2: START THE DEVICE
If the product will not start, see our troubleshooting tips
3: ENSURE LEG PLACEMENT
Make sure the part that is bending, is right behind the knee to get proper flexion.
4: HOW TO ADJUST FLEXION
You only need to worry about START, STOP, LIMIT (on the right), and + and – . To change the degree of flexion:
1. Press LIMIT on the right.
2. Wait for the number to blink.
3. Make changes using the + and – arrows
4. The maximum flexion is 120-degrees.
Once you reach the maximum, you cancontinue there until the rental is over.
1. The LIMIT button on the left is for extension. It should always stay at zero.
2. The machine will stay at one speed
if the device will not start
1: MAKE SURE THE CPM IS PLUGGED IN
Ensure the plug is securely attached both at the wall outlet and on the device. The plug is located on the underside of the bottom end – near the foot side.
2: MAKE SURE THE ON/OFF SWITCH IS SET TO ON
The power switch is next to where the cord plugs into the machine. It has two symbols on its face “I” and “O”. “I” means the power is on. “O” means it’s off.
3: TRY A MANUAL RESTART
Sometimes electronics need to reset. The easiest way to do that is by unplugging the device for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
4: TRY A DIFFERENT OUTLET
f the device still will not start, try plugging the device into a different outlet. For some reason, there might not be a good connection.